WiiM Ultra

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713556429155.png
1713556558651.png

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.

Last edited:
I mean these guys are amazing . They receive dacs for review they say great I recommend them because they measure transparent and at the same time essentially saying that the manufacturers that provided these dacs are frauds due to their claims of improved sound quality on the higher end models

Are there any additional details available, for example is this going to be AKM or ESS-based in terms of the onboard DAC?

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!
View attachment 6602
View attachment 6604
Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details and images in due course.
is there an internal x-over that can be set for the stereo full L/R and the sub output?

Touchscreen and headphone jack?
According to this link, yes, but note that they say the USB port is for media playback while it should be for USB audio too.

As WiiM say in the edited opening post, more details will become available as it approaches launch date…

PS WiiM have also said that “we're working towards formalizing our beta testing process and we'll be rolling that out soon…. Discussion on this thread will be towards general discussion about the ultra but general product feedback/issue reporting will happen within the beta testing platform.”

Last edited:
Looks great. Is there a chance for multichannel downmixing tool for hdmi input?

Released date?
The link I provided above says “The hi-res streaming device, which will get its official unveiling May 9 at the High End Munich 2024 Show”.

Figuring in beta testing which should start soon and feedback from that, I’d guess you’d not see it on sale till the end of May into June at least, initially in the USA and then the rest of the world a month or so later going on previous experience. Just me guessing though, so that could be wrong.

Maybe you'll get your wish. Didn't the article say that there'd be a mystery device released as well?
Yeah, WiiM have already teased that here in the forum, asking us to guess what it is. My money (with no inside knowledge or hints) is on the 110w version of the amp they were supposedly readying for the custom installation market.

According to this link, yes, but note that they say the USB port is for media playback while it should be for USB audio too.

As WiiM say in the edited opening post, more details will become available as it approaches launch date…

PS WiiM have also said that “we're working towards formalizing our beta testing process and we'll be rolling that out soon…. Discussion on this thread will be towards general discussion about the ultra but general product feedback/issue reporting will happen within the beta testing platform.”

From the article, USB-A "for media playback" doesn't sound like USB that will provide digital output to a DAC. Am I misreading that?

From the article, USB-A "for media playback" doesn't sound like USB that will provide digital output to a DAC. Am I misreading that?
As I mentioned, it should be USB audio out too - WiiM have also said “USB audio Out is one of the main things for our audience”, so I’m taking that as digital output to a DAC will be a feature.

Back