WiiM Ultra

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713556429155.png
1713556558651.png

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.

Last edited:
The other option, if you don't require as many watts, is the Topping PA5 II (or the PA5 II plus for a bit more power than the vanilla version).

Measures a bit better than the Fosi, just not as powerful. But if you only have average (or smaller) bookshelf speakers in a small room, or nearfield, and have a subwoofer (note the Ultra’s sub out) so your speakers won’t require as much beef, why waste money. The vanilla PA5 II is only £250.
Thank you for this. The Topping PA5 II really is a compelling alternative to the V3 Mono, spec-wise. I also do see that it scores a bit higher in its ASR review (105 vs. 100 db on the SINAD chart). However, as I am looking for something to pair with the Wiim Ultra, I actually value the very simple controls of the V3 Mono over the PA5's. Since the Ultra will take control of volume and everything else not amplification-specific, having another device with a volume knob just seems redundant (and suddenly two separate amps looks like the sleek choice ;) ). Very close to just backing the V3 Mono kickstarter now and ordering the Ultra once it comes out. Thanks again for inputs, All. Really appreciate it!

People keep talking about Fosi V3 monoblock. Then I keep thinking about xlr output.... let's make a no rca, xlr only version lol. If so, I will get one though I really don't need a screen (I may cover the screen with a thick paper). Anyway, Ultra will be a huge hit!
Maybe just ask WIIM to for a screen off option in the WIIM Home app ;)

By the way, time runs. @Smartplug Was the post regarding Munich a joke only? I would not even resist on Miller ;-)
Honestly, if you offer someone with miller they might just refuse and you may say I’m cheap person. I’m 6,000 miles away from Munich so it was just a joke. Don’t worry my friend as the old saying our path may cross someday.

Honestly, if you offer someone with miller they might just refuse and you may say I’m cheap person. I’m 6,000 miles away from Munich so it was just a joke. Don’t worry my friend as the old saying our path may cross someday.
Did not know this, sorry. 6.000 is quite far, indeed ;-)

By looking closely on ultra, its look like double stack wiim amp to accommodate the display and additional input and output. Was there another product announcement on top of this ultra?

By looking closely on ultra, its look like double stack wiim amp to accommodate the display and additional input and output. Was there another product announcement on top of this ultra?
Reportedly but we’re all guessing what it might be. May 9th’s not long to wait to find out

For long in HiFi stereo, displays were called one of the evils for many people. Nearly every device with such a display gave the option to completely switch it off. Is it mentioned somewhere if the Ultra will have this option too? One of the very few situations I am eager to see f.e. @onlyoneme (if he is interested to do so, of course) publishing the results of their work and if there is really a bad impact.

Everything's possible. MiniDSP Flex display, for example, has a minimal but measurable impact on the analog output.

Everything's possible. MiniDSP Flex display, for example, has a minimal but measurable impact on the analog output.
it is indeed a very classic observation and the best thing is to be able to turn it off.... I had pointed out this problem in the very firsts posts highlighting the presence of a screen....:oops:
(more stupid is sometimes the fact of being able to play on its setting which has a very negative impact...between on and off, crossed recament on antelope card gor example)

Last edited:
"All" my displays (in fact only two. DAC and CD transport, miniDSP is a model without) are switched off in daily use, used only for setup. To be honest more for optical reasons. But interesting indeed.

remains to be verified... but in any case, being able to totaly turn off screen is a possibility I hope offered... for many reasons... ;-)

I know there are no specs and measurements yet, but does this look the same size/dimensions as the Amp?
Should be able to compare it against the size of the amp, lining up their ports on the back.
Doing so makes this one look slightly larger, in all directions.
Though these are just renders.

Makes me wonder more about the second product, as a power amp in an enclosure slightly larger than the current amp sounds intriguing.

Didn't they say that Ultra's case was the same case as the WiiM amp, therefor it should be the same size?

If the second product something like a 110wpc power amp, it could be a very interesting setup indeed.

Should be able to compare it against the size of the amp, lining up their ports on the back.
Doing so makes this one look slightly larger, in all directions.
Though these are just renders.

Makes me wonder more about the second product, as a power amp in an enclosure slightly larger than the current amp sounds intriguing.
if they increase the power supply voltages and the cooling capacities...they can, if I don't say nonsense, release a machine with more watts than "amp"...the question is "pffb or not", and the additional cost, limitation of inputs-outputs etc or more loudspeakers etc ...(if for a professional market, public place etc..maybe they will not be sensitive to pffb...)

And this… on a device that is controlled by a portable remote device (phone) with its own display. Some like pics everywhere. 👎

Didn't they say that Ultra's case was the same case as the WiiM amp, therefor it should be the same size?

If the second product something like a 110wpc power amp, it could be a very interesting setup indeed.
I think it is the same height but marginally less wide and deepwiim.jpg

Back