Qobuz Connect - Anybody Heard Any Updates

Witterings

Major Contributor
It was towards the beginning of teh year there was talk about Qobuz Connect being released this year, we're now 1/2 way in was just wondering if anyone had seen / heard any updates anywhere and if it's still going ahead?

Would have though @WiiM Team would know if it's in the pipelnine?

Looks like it might have slipped to the end of this year or into next from this comment from the Qobuz Product Manager of their club forum

Attachments

• IMG_8030.jpeg
    IMG_8030.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 47
Hi Brantome, I id try and have a look at the link but you had to go in and authorise you're e-mail being oassed on etc. so I didn't sign up to be able to see it ...... Real shame if they've pushed it back though.

I didn't think about possible NDA especially as they said as far back as nearly a year ago they'd be ROON ready at some stage and mentioned a number of other upgrades with other streaming services that were in the pipeline over that period of time.

As I wrote before...no real interest in this, in their priority list it is for sure not their top priority.
If they are smart (what I really hope they are, because for me it is the one and only choice in streaming services with this fantastic Sublime tier for purchases) they will not expect sensational rise in subscriber numbers. They are in any case smart enough not to compete with the giant A's. Shareholders value is more than bubble wishes.

i wrote qobuz about a month ago with a few questions, connect being one of them.. I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for that connect release. Their ceo claimed it would be out 1st half of this year, but according to their support we’re looking into next year

Attachments

• IMG_7036.jpeg
    IMG_7036.jpeg
    692.5 KB · Views: 35
The Qobuz team is still working on the development of Qobuz Connect. We'll definitely be integrating it when it's ready and will let you all know when it's available.

Is there at least an indication of timescale liek this year or next please?

Is there at least an indication of timescale liek this year or next please?
Sorry nothing yet since they are still working on the development. Once we get the information and start the integration, we will let the community know the time frame for the official release.

Would be nice to be able to stream 192/24 from the Qobuz app directly

Would be nice to be able to stream 192/24 from the Qobuz app directly

Exactly my thoughts (y)

I don't know why they're dragging their heels, if they ever intend to do it. whether it's now or next year .... the cost will be the same, you could actually argue it'd be cheaper now as costs keep rising and once you've done it, you've done the "core" forever.

Delaying doing it means it offers their competitors the opportunity and it's like bank accounts ... once you have them people are reluctant to swap as it's hassle ..... moving your whole library / playlists across is a PITA.
When people are happy with it and it works, they tell friends it's great and it gets publicised in forums so more people move across ... it's a no brainer in so many ways.

For me personally it may be too late, I looked at it a few months back and would have moved just to get away from Amazon as I'd rather not feed the giant as they don't deserve it but moving your library is a pain.

Sorry Qobuz ... could of had my money and probably many others as well, move into the modern era ... don't be the dinosaur.

Moving your library should be easy.
I might be wrong, but I thought when I had qobuz a while ago they provided a way to import from another provider.

Moving your library should be easy.
I might be wrong, but I thought when I had qobuz a while ago they provided a way to import from another provider.
Soundizz, FreeYourMusic, TuneMyMusic, Songshift etc all can move playlists, libraries etc.

Sure I will get short shrift if asking in that manner in their forum. That's why I am not doing it.

After a career in IT where early on I did my fair share of programming, I must admit statements like that and “it’s surely just one line of code” somewhat raise my hackles…

Back