Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

Still patiently awaiting the beta here, signed up immediate after it was posted a while back - question, I have and use both an iOS and Android device, will the signals that show I sometimes use an Android device delay or prevent me from getting on the beta? (I’m guessing if this is for only iOS users for now, Android folks wouldn’t receive a beta email). 😅
Same here - am I correct in assuming that if an email hasn't been received by now, we haven't been selected to participate in the beta? Will only people that are confirmed participants in the beta receive the new updated firmware? That way I know if can stop refreshing the app :ROFLMAO:

Also...+1 for integrating HouseCurve into the WiiM. Or at least having the possibility to export results to the Amp. It's such a good little app. Even if it's just for the measurements, that way it can remain free for everyone.

Last edited:
Same here - am I correct in assuming that if an email hasn't been received by now, we haven't been selected to participate in the beta? Will only people that are confirmed participants in the beta receive the new updated firmware? That way I know if can stop refreshing the app :ROFLMAO:

Also...+1 to integrating HouseCurve into the WiiM. Or at least having the possibility to export results to the Amp. It's such a good little app. Even if it's just for the measurements, that way it can remain free for everyone.
I only have Android, but I have already received the beta firmware. However, I haven't received an email.

Therefore, we expect Android users to receive an email at the start of the Android beta test.

I only have Android, but I have already received the beta firmware. However, I haven't received an email.

Therefore, we expect Android users to receive an email at the start of the Android beta test.
I did not received email I just went to the test drive and allow to download wiim beta app.

Yes I got both. Initial test sound good and there was marked of improvement over with no room correction. I think it will only get better as the firmware get fine tune with will include different curve on next firmware update. I wonder what will be the next major feature after room correction. My only grip it boost my subwoofer out and not sure if this room correction do better job on subwoofer section. Many AVR don’t really do well on sub unless it’s top tier.

Yes I got both. Initial test sound good and there was marked of improvement over with no room correction. I think it will only get better as the firmware get fine tune with will include different curve on next firmware update. I wonder what will be the next major feature after room correction. My only grip it boost my subwoofer out and not sure if this room correction do better job on subwoofer section. Many AVR don’t really do well on sub unless it’s top tier.
That sounds promising. Hopefully soon we will be able to select a specific frequency range to apply the room correction to. Are you able to check the results after using room correction with another method (eg HouseCurve, REW) to compare before & after?

That sounds promising. Hopefully soon we will be able to select a specific frequency range to apply the room correction to. Are you able to check the results after using room correction with another method (eg HouseCurve, REW) to compare before & after?
No, it’s not clear if using wiim remote as mic will do better than iPhone. I normally like setting everything on bypass to get the purest sound possible but after hearing how this room correction I won’t be going back on flat setting on eq. I would like to hear what other think after room correction?

Using universal search app would crash on beta wiim app test flight and beta firmware.

Anyone know how long the beta will last? Have @WiiM Support mentioned an approximate timeline for RC? I'm very excited to try it out. Still no new firmware for my device unfortunately.

BTW, I would like to commend the team for their willingness to engage with and acknowledge people's complaints/suggestions. It's already an awesome product and will only get better over time. It's rare for a company to do this. (y)

Anyone know how long the beta will last? Have @WiiM Support mentioned an approximate timeline for RC? I'm very excited to try it out. Still no new firmware for my device unfortunately.

BTW, I would like to commend the team for their willingness to engage with and acknowledge people's complaints/suggestions. It's already an awesome product and will only get better over time. It's rare for a company to do this. (y)
I guess WiiM would want it to last as short a time as possible so they could get it out to a wider audience. They've already said there'll be an updated beta by the 31st. Beyond that, I guess it depends on which of the features users have highlighted (e.g freq range, alternative curves, number of bands etc) they would wish to implement and test before a public release.

As usual with development, it's often very difficult to put a firm date on it other than 'when it's ready' :)

It raises the question, would we rather they finish it in beta, then release the whole lot to everyone else, or release each feature as they get it sorted?

I think they might address the bugs and what they/we have identified as pretty crucial and release that in the short term (when that’ll be will depend on how complex the changes are), then as they have done in the past add on the other bits later. You could have a group of users who aren’t interested in what they might see as the bells and whistles but just wanting the basics whatever they might be.

excluding beta...
can first be made available the peq mode enriched in bands, see L-R.... (?)
all the more so if efforts had to be made on this point for the "rc" mode (and the adaptation of the gain depending on the corrections?)

I would also be interested what the WiiM PEQ corrections looks like vs say Housecurve (which i use) and see how well the correlate

I wish I could use Housecurve and compare but my ipad can't meet the ios version requirements.

Considering my lack of knowledge around expected frequency response charts, I thought I'd throw out some of what I see for comment. I'm in a position where RC boosts my low-end (~100hz down) so much it's unusable. Would be nice to understand whether I'm seeing an issue with RC, what I see means my system/room has issues (sounds ok to me) or whether I'm just doing something wrong. The charts below are with SW off, SW at 100hz (my normal) and I have done others at 50hz and 250hz. Results are generally the same, it just varies the roll-off point between ~120 and ~180hz with same resultant EQ that varies between ~100 and ~150hz. The ~12db boost I get for ~100hz and down is unbearable to listen to.

Any thoughts, explanations or suggestions welcome as I have no clue why this chart looks like it does (expected something nearer cc_rider in post #75). Note, I have communicated directly with WiiM folks and passed along this as well as other suggestions/recommendations so not relying on this thread for WiiM team feedback.

sub-off.jpg
sub-100.jpg

I wish I could use Housecurve and compare but my ipad can't meet the ios version requirements.

Considering my lack of knowledge around expected frequency response charts, I thought I'd throw out some of what I see for comment. I'm in a position where RC boosts my low-end (~100hz down) so much it's unusable. Would be nice to understand whether I'm seeing an issue with RC, what I see means my system/room has issues (sounds ok to me) or whether I'm just doing something wrong. The charts below are with SW off, SW at 100hz (my normal) and I have done others at 50hz and 250hz. Results are generally the same, it just varies the roll-off point between ~120 and ~180hz with same resultant EQ that varies between ~100 and ~150hz. The ~12db boost I get for ~100hz and down is unbearable to listen to.

Any thoughts, explanations or suggestions welcome as I have no clue why this chart looks like it does (expected something nearer cc_rider in post #75). Note, I have communicated directly with WiiM folks and passed along this as well as other suggestions/recommendations so not relying on this thread for WiiM team feedback.

View attachment 5889
View attachment 5890
To see if there is a problem with the microphone on your device, can you post the results of your measurements by placing the microphone near the woofer?

Edit;
You can also install a decibel meter app and see if your microphone responds to the bass of the test tone.

Thank you.

Last edited:
@eByGum, a measured response down to ~100 Hz in-room (-10 dB, even with the subwoofer enabled) could clearly point to a microphone that's totally and completely not fit for the job.

Even not knowing what subwoofer you have at all, the real in-room response will certainly go a lot deeper. This would fully explain the 12 dB boost when really no boost is needed.

From the HouseCurve app information page:

“Internal Mic Compensation

The average built in iPhone/iPad is reasonably flat, but begins to roll off below ~60 Hz and above ~16 KHz. Internal Mic Compensation applies a moderate boost to correct this. The boost curve is +6 dB at 30 Hz, tapering to zero at 60 Hz. Likewise, at 16 KHz, the boost is zero and this increases to 6 dB at 20 KHz.

It’s worth keeping in mind that the iPhone/iPad can still “hear” below 60 Hz and above 16 KHz, it’s just not as sensitive. Internal Mic Compensation brings the measured response closer to what you would get with a calibrated extrnal mic.”

I presume WiiM have built in similar compensation.

Can I check, once you’ve run RC, are you stuck with it?

I suspect the answer is no, and that you can turn it off by turning PEQ on, but I thought I’d check.

It’d be nice if you could run it, then try to correct it yourself manually, then run it again using your EQ to check.

In general, it’d be nice to run it to look at your room’s results, but without it applying any EQ until you’ve agreed, and to run it again with any EQ (the WiiM’s or your own) to see to what extent that’s been successful.

Back