WiiM Amp

Since sometime ago, most of Chinese gadgets and accessories have become CG, and it is no longer possible to check the actual photos on Amazon. 😅

I am sometimes appalled to see the huge difference between the ideal and the reality. It was especially noticeable in the phone case. 😭

(This has nothing to do with WiiM.)

Maybe it's time for someone somewhere to get their hands on a sample. There is no sign that it will reach my house. 😂 but I am looking forward to the unveiling here. 🤗

New update to android app today adds full support for Wiim Amp :cool:
Must be very close to a release......I hope 😃

What is a real amp?

Ex ante: I know that extraordinary brilliant Class D amps exists. But such a quality no one should expect here.
For me (!) in my remaining lifetime I am still tied to an once taken oath. Given in the name of Ken Ishiwata 😉
Never ever Class D!
In my world amps have big caps and big transformers. Even my wife's shoe box with display and cooking plate on the top is A/B in its amplifying section.
Of course once again my subjective opinion, only written to pass it. Simply one way to look on HiFi.

Hi, first of, it's my 1st post here, and I'm also really eager to get my hands on a Wiim AMP, to replace my current AVR :)
Maybe for the custom installation market, or may;be some are confusing its spec of 2x100W into 4Ω or 2x60W into 8Ω.
I don't believe the 110W version is either, but a different product instead.

If you look at youtube videos from the CEDIA show, the 110 W version is mentioned in both speaches of the "customer" and "CI series" product lines (
at 3:00 and
at 0:16)

From the videos you can also clearly see both booths are right next to each other. So I don't think it would make sense for each presenter to talk in details about products from the other lines, it would only make their message unintelligible.

Also, form press releases, I saw 2 amps announced in the CI series: a 60W "MOD A1-60" and a 110W "MOD A-110".

I couldn't find another source than the fist video above mentioning the customer 110W amp, but the Wiim representative clearly says "we also have a 110W version that's gonna be coming out".

Since we already know there will be 2 amps in the CI line, to me what makes sense is that both 60W share the same (or a very similar PCB), and same for the 110W version, with only differences being in the form factor, casing and software (you don't need a volume knob or other buttons on a CI version, but since it's meant to be installed on a rack hidden away in a tech room, it could have more efficient cooling at the expense of aesthetics, for instance).

Edit: Oops, it can't be exactly the same PCB, since the CI series use different DACs, but I still think the idea is probably along the lines: "reuse as much as possible from existing design to save cost"

I'd also guess that between a 60 and a 110w, only the integrated power supply needs to be different (beefier components and heat dissipation, with a potential impact on size and weight)

I'm guessing for now youtubers and other media already have pre-production units in review, with instruction not to release anything until the official launch date.

But I recently saw for instance that the recent changelog on the wiim home app on google play mentions the amp!

It's only a few more days or weeks to wait ;)

Last edited:
Ex ante: I know that extraordinary brilliant Class D amps exists. But such a quality no one should expect here.
For me (!) in my remaining lifetime I am still tied to an once taken oath. Given in the name of Ken Ishiwata 😉
Never ever Class D!
In my world amps have big caps and big transformers. Even my wife's shoe box with display and cooking plate on the top is A/B in its amplifying section.
Of course once again my subjective opinion, only written to pass it. Simply one way to look on HiFi.
You probably already have a class d amp in your house without knowing it. Most active subs have them

An external PS would have been more practical for upgraders, but then again this is a product aimed at consumers, not audio tweakers.

You probably already have a class d amp in your house without knowing it. Most active subs have them
Yes, Sir! But..
No subwoofer in my system active yet. My good old AR (mint and boxed in the basement) could be driven active but was never used that way, was always connected via speaker cables with the power switch off 😉
Just now in my small room there is no need for a sub.

Last edited:
Back