WiiM Pro Amazon Listings

Any update on U.K. availability? Not everyone is happy with ordering from the USA (mainly around potential returns) so some idea of when Amazon U.K. will have it in stock would be good :)
The current update is that Amazon is receiving the inventory. It will take 1-2 weeks to be distributed to the distribution centers, so hopefully, by mid-late Feb, you can see it available on Amazon UK. Hopefully sooner!

You are lucky pvog. I'm still waiting for mine and it looks like it will arrive on Saturday. The strange thing is that I made the pre-order on January 27th and I will receive it on Saturday, but if you go to Amazon.it and place the order now, it tells you that you will receive it tomorrow ????? :unsure: :unsure:
Another strange thing is that my Pro has been shipped, and is currently in France, Cote D'Azur.
I don't understand why it's from France and not from Italy.
Well, mysteries are endless

You are lucky pvog. I'm still waiting for mine and it looks like it will arrive on Saturday. The strange thing is that I made the pre-order on January 27th and I will receive it on Saturday, but if you go to Amazon.it and place the order now, it tells you that you will receive it tomorrow ????? :unsure: :unsure:
Another strange thing is that my Pro has been shipped, and is currently in France, Cote D'Azur.
I don't understand why it's from France and not from Italy.
Well, mysteries are endless

I guess that is where the closest Amazon warehouse to Italy is that got them.
In the past I have had shipments from France to the Netherland. I guess they have a large distribution center there.

The pro has been working great for me, no hickups. I am all impressed there is no lag on the digital input when connected to the TV...lip sync is perfect without any adjustments.

At last i have had my Pro a day earlier than expected.
Setting up the Pro via WiFi took just a matter of minutes. Everything went well on the first try making the Pro visible to Alexa; Spotify; AMU and, of course, at WHA.
While I connected the mini with Optical Spdif, I have connected the Pro via COAX and it works perfectly. I had no problems with the high quality coaxial cable I used
Nice device, I'm happy even if I would have preferred:
Aluminum Body
LEDs under the touch controls. The photos showed the controls illuminated, but in reality they are not. This makes it difficult to identify them in low light.

The current update is that Amazon is receiving the inventory. It will take 1-2 weeks to be distributed to the distribution centers, so hopefully, by mid-late Feb, you can see it available on Amazon UK. Hopefully sooner!
Any update on this, Wiim Support? Does Amazon UK actually have stocks yet, or is it still to arrive with them? I'm happy to wait some more... but it does seem to just get longer and longer.

Any update on this, Wiim Support? Does Amazon UK actually have stocks yet, or is it still to arrive with them? I'm happy to wait some more... but it does seem to just get longer and longer.
Wiim Support—anything?

Brantome, I did watch the video of that event. Seemed to be mainly sales talk rather than anything aimed at customers—but did I miss this about UK availability? I don't remember hearing anything on that subject.

Brantome, I did watch the video of that event. Seemed to be mainly sales talk rather than anything aimed at customers—but did I miss this about UK availability? I don't remember hearing anything on that subject.
Yeah, it came up on one of the submitted comments and it was one of the few occasions where Ms Kim was allowed to get a word in edgeways 😜

Sorry to those in the UK - there's been a misunderstanding on our part - the shipment that arrived in the EU will not be distributed to the UK region. We're sending out another shipment by the end of this month and hope that it will be available for sale by mid-March on Amazon UK. So sorry for the delay esp. as we know so many of you have been patiently waiting. We're producing the stock as fast as we can distribute WiiM Pro internationally.

If it's possible to purchase WiiM Pro on the Amazon FR, DE, SP, and IT listings please try that or purchase from the US listing.

Sorry to those in the UK - there's been a misunderstanding on our part - the shipment that arrived in the EU will not be distributed to the UK region. We're sending out another shipment by the end of this month and hope that it will be available for sale by mid-March on Amazon UK. So sorry for the delay esp. as we know so many of you have been patiently waiting. We're producing the stock as fast as we can distribute WiiM Pro internationally.

If it's possible to purchase WiiM Pro on the Amazon FR, DE, SP, and IT listings please try that or purchase from the US listing.
This really is bad news for the loyal WiiM fans in the UK who seem to constantly suffer when it comes to availability of kit on Amazon. From my participation on several UK forums, while some have ordered from the USA, others have been patiently waiting to order on the UK site over concerns about potential returns. How could such a misunderstanding have arisen?

Wiim, maybe your misunderstanding was due to an assumption that the UK, being geographically in Europe, would receive EU shipments. But sadly we in the UK left the EU a few years ago, and our now isolated position means we lose out in all kinds of ways. Including no Wiim Pros!

And suggesting that we sidelined Brits might buy from EU Amazon sites such as those for France, Germany, Spain, or Italy misses the point that another consequence of leaving the EU is that it now can be trickier and more expensive for us to do that.

Personally, I'm now reluctantly reconsidering buying from the US site, something I'd rejected earlier because I was concerned about after-sales, returns etc.

I see that the current price at Amazon US is $149 plus $10.58 global shipping and $0 "Estimated Import Fees Deposit". Amazon says that there could still be customs charges, despite that "estimate". Anyone here have experience of this?

Wiim, maybe your misunderstanding was due to an assumption that the UK, being geographically in Europe, would receive EU shipments. But sadly we in the UK left the EU a few years ago, and our now isolated position means we lose out in all kinds of ways. Including no Wiim Pros!

And suggesting that we sidelined Brits might buy from EU Amazon sites such as those for France, Germany, Spain, or Italy misses the point that another consequence of leaving the EU is that it now can be trickier and more expensive for us to do that.

Personally, I'm now reluctantly reconsidering buying from the US site, something I'd rejected earlier because I was concerned about after-sales, returns etc.

I see that the current price at Amazon US is $149 plus $10.58 global shipping and $0 "Estimated Import Fees Deposit". Amazon says that there could still be customs charges, despite that "estimate". Anyone here have experience of this?
Amazon seem to ship this “internally” and avoid additional import charges, so you end up paying what it says on the order from what I’ve seen from others on UK Facebook pages.

Brantome, thanks, that's encouraging. Anyone here done this first-hand?

Does anyone experience a drop off connection on chromecast when casting from qoboz? I get frequent drop off.

Brantome, thanks, that's encouraging. Anyone here done this first-hand?
Yes I did a month ago now and looking at the latest news I'm glad I did. Bought from Amazon.com with priority shipping and VAT charged at this end the total was £168. It arrived in 5 days via UPS. So it was probably a premium of about £18 to get my hands on a PRO at least 2 months before they'll be available in the UK. I'm considering doing it again as I'm super impressed.

Back