WiiM Pro Plus

Not sure if I ought to be conversing with such a heathen, but...
🤣 Thanks for making an exception …😇
Maybe you've got a real friend (i.e. not someone here!) you can borrow a dac from just to see for yourself?
Maybe I’m lucky that I don’t have any friends with DACs to prevent spending even more money than I already do … I fear starting to go down that rabbit hole, but it’s probably coming at some point

The simple fact is the DAC in the Pro+ will be better than the one in the current version. It will not be better than the recognized upper-end DACs.

Perhaps the Pro+'s analog output is better than the NODE X, and that alone is commendable.🙂

Perhaps the Pro+'s analog output is better than the NODE X, and that alone is commendable.🙂
As it comes to the internal DACs: Veto! Relying on my ears only I will not confirm this. For me the internal DAC from the X is the choice. No idea of cryptic numbers. But there are a lot of decent and reasonable priced external which brings the PRO easy to that level. And as soon as it comes to software I prefer WiiM for a while.

As it comes to the internal DACs: Veto! Relying on my ears only I will not confirm this. For me the internal DAC from the X is the choice. No idea of cryptic numbers. But there are a lot of decent and reasonable priced external which brings the PRO easy to that level. And as soon as it comes to software I prefer WiiM for a while.

In my country, I think there are many people who say they prefer BlueOS to WHA.

I've never used BlueOS, so I don't know, but it's true that I'm interested in it.🙂

I am personally not invested in the wiim app interface. For instance, I don't know why but tidal sounds better to me when streamed with tidal connect against the wiim app. It has also track radio which the wiim app does not have which is great for discovery. As far as sound and blue os, I have seen the same observation - that tidal connect sounds better- than the blue os app. Also, please fix the volume control to keep the volume at the specified level!

I am personally not invested in the wiim app interface. For instance, I don't know why but tidal sounds better to me when streamed with tidal connect against the wiim app. It has also track radio which the wiim app does not have which is great for discovery. As far as sound and blue os, I have seen the same observation - that tidal connect sounds better- than the blue os app. Also, please fix the volume control to keep the volume at the specified level!
Can't Bluesound use TidalConnect?

I often use WHA (because AlexaCast is unstable).

To be a honest since I use Roon all this software issues became obsolete. I wanted to have the WiiM as a "lean" endpoint leaving all the important work with the components behind the WiiM. So, my "dream WiiM" would only have ethernet in and USB out beside the necessary software. But that might be a niche product with no great success on the market.

steadyshot, Achim1811,

Thank you.😊

I am also inexperienced with ROON.
WiiM team is still very enthusiastic about improving WHA. So it may surpass Roon in the future....?!🤔 (Are Roon and WHA apples and oranges?)

steadyshot, Achim1811,

Thank you.😊

I am also inexperienced with ROON.
WiiM team is still very enthusiastic about improving WHA. So it may surpass Roon in the future....?!🤔 (Are Roon and WHA apples and oranges?)
It will never surpass Roon (said by someone who uses LMS instead of Roon)

Back