10 PEQ Beta test (Bug Report)

My memory is fuzzy, but I was pretty sure that Mini was considering an 8-10 band PEQ without RC. It remains to be seen whether that will come to fruition.

Yes that’s what I was thinking of.

I was just wondering if it’d appeared in this beta.

Hi,

To streamline the feedback we're rolling out a feedback platform, that we'd like our testers to submit feedback through.

For those who are beta testing the Room Correction feature, please select "Beta: 10-Band PEQ" and create an account through this platform. Our team will review the feedback sent through this platform.

WiiM Testing & Feedback Community

If you would like to join as a beta tester, please sign in, and we'll send you the beta firmware.

The goal is eventually moving all our feedback-related submissions through this Centercode platform. We're still tweaking the platform so thanks for your patience.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thank you!
WiiM Team

Hi,

To streamline the feedback we're rolling out a feedback platform, that we'd like our testers to submit feedback through.

For those who are beta testing the Room Correction feature, please select "Beta: 10-Band PEQ" and create an account through this platform. Our team will review the feedback sent through this platform.

WiiM Testing & Feedback Community

If you would like to join as a beta tester, please sign in, and we'll send you the beta firmware.

The goal is eventually moving all our feedback-related submissions through this Centercode platform. We're still tweaking the platform so thanks for your patience.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thank you!
WiiM Team
Hi, @WiiM Team.

I have one question.
When registering a my WiiM device, there is a "Name of my WiiM device" item. Should I enter the name set in the device info here?

Thank you. 🤗

A small aside: currently it appears you can only save four custom PEQ sets of settings - this has been bug reported and WiiM say they’ll increase this to 20. Given you can assign different PEQ settings to each input, that was in effect one per input which would be restrictive if you wanted to try different sets of settings say for Room Correction etc.

A small aside: currently it appears you can only save four custom PEQ sets of settings - this has been bug reported and WiiM say they’ll increase this to 20. Given you can assign different PEQ settings to each input, that was in effect one per input which would be restrictive if you wanted to try different sets of settings say for Room Correction etc.

Good news for if I ever buy a fifth pair of headphones.

That's good news, isn't it?
I make a flat EQ, so there were practically only three.
Thank you. 😉🥂

Hi, @WiiM Team.

I have one question.
When registering a my WiiM device, there is a "Name of my WiiM device" item. Should I enter the name set in the device info here?

Thank you. 🤗
Hi, it's the name you call it in your app i.e. Living Room, or whatever you want etc. :)

Can WiiM perform independent PEQ on left and right channels? I saw a lot of discussion in another forum about Topping D50 III which has built-in 10 PEQ but only allows same PEQ to both left and right channels. If PEQ is for headphone only, same PEQ can be good enough - even though Qudelix 5K (BT headphone amp) allows independent 10-band for each channel.

If WiiM can provide independent 10-band PEQ for left and right, a lot of people will appreciate.

Can WiiM perform independent PEQ on left and right channels? I saw a lot of discussion in another forum about Topping D50 III which has built-in 10 PEQ but only allows same PEQ to both left and right channels. If PEQ is for headphone only, same PEQ can be good enough - even though Qudelix 5K (BT headphone amp) allows independent 10-band for each channel.

If WiiM can provide independent 10-band PEQ for left and right, a lot of people will appreciate.
Yes, the WiiM team mentioned the left-right independent PEQ here.😊

Android 10 PEQ beta testing.
WiiM amp firmware V 5.0.614351.

Save the initial screen as flat, adjust one band, and then turn it off to change the sound. (It should be back to flat, but it's not.)

Specifically, the volume of the sound that is higher than the adjusted frequency will be lower.
I'm going to post it to explain it to the support team.

This is an unadjusted initial screen.
View attachment 6622

If play a test tone from the speaker in this state, it will look like this.
View attachment 6623

Subsequently, I adjusted the number 4 band.
View attachment 6624

If play a test tone from the speaker in this state, it will look like this. It's normal, no problem.
View attachment 6625

Subsequently, turn off the number 4 band.
View attachment 6626

This is what happens.
View attachment 6627
Normally, it should return to flat, but the volume above 250Hz has been reduced by 3dB.

I think this is probably a bug, but I'm not sure yet.
I just noticed something odd which may be similar. I had set all 10 bands then decided to try just one low frequency filter and disable the rest. After doing this the sound was very strange. I should have done some measurements is REW but didn't think of it at the time. The only way to restore normal behaviour was to reset PEQ to default values then enter my single filter and disable the others. What was the outcome of your ticket? If I manage to repeat this I will take measurements.

I just noticed something odd which may be similar. I had set all 10 bands then decided to try just one low frequency filter and disable the rest. After doing this the sound was very strange. I should have done some measurements is REW but didn't think of it at the time. The only way to restore normal behaviour was to reset PEQ to default values then enter my single filter and disable the others. What was the outcome of your ticket? If I manage to repeat this I will take measurements.
I think the team said they would look into it. I checked it a few days ago and it still hasn't been fixed.

For now, before turning off the band, the gain must be changed to 0 dB.

Separate PEQ's on left and right are there yet with official firmware / app release. But, I hope we will get it soon.

Back