WiiM Amp

iv seen lots of problems with various hypex amps. a buddy purchased one of the top models, after a unusual load the entire output stage burned itself to death. the icepower on other hand sensed a problem and turned itself off and worked 100% after powering up again.
also notice how small their datasheets are in comparison. icepower is a more professional company imo that takes more things into account than the lowest possible thd.

When I listen to streaming music, the volume level is <40% and is plenty loud.
Attached HDMI arc to LG tv and the volume level on the amp has to be >80% to reach the same sound level.
The amps output volume changes with the tv volume level, so I don't seem to be able to raise the TV output independently to increase the gain.
I tried optical as well with same low level output requiring high volume setting on the amp.
Haven't found a tv setting that will output HDMI arc and let me raise the volume of the tv independently.
Is this the way it is, or have I missed a step?
Update:
I have noticed that the streaming video service has an impact on volume at the WiiM Amp.
Recently I watched some YouTube videos and the volume was nearly the same as streaming music directly from the Amp.
Other streaming and satellite TV have lower volume as mentioned above.
Not sure what that means but sharing anyway.

Update:
I have noticed that the streaming video service has an impact on volume at the WiiM Amp.
Recently I watched some YouTube videos and the volume was nearly the same as streaming music directly from the Amp.
Other streaming and satellite TV have lower volume as mentioned above.
Not sure what that means but sharing anyway.
Well, it means just that: Different digital sources either don't make use of the full dynamic range (which has a hard upper limit of 0 dB FS) or said sources are using less compression so the average level is lower. In any case, this is a matter of the source.

Last edited:
So at least the WiiM Amp does come with a dedicated, separate DSP chip, indeed?
To quote myself: No, it doesn't, not quite.

Amlogic A113 is a family of SoCs, based on 4 ARM Cortex-A53 cores, specifically designed to perform certain audio processing functions without the need for an external DSP chip. It was introduced in 2017. Not exactly a powerhouse, but obviously a decent unit.

Last edited:
Hello gents, I´d like to know if it might be possible to integrate kind of a pitch of control of +/- 5% in the app, like on a turntable?

Thx

Yes, thanks. 😊

But I just added it to my cart yet. I might drop it out later and add it in the cart again tomorrow. If I continue to do this every day, my happiness will last. 😁

... Just kidding.
Which devices do you have from WIIM at this moment? Are you using a Pro of mini?

Thank you too.
I know you enjoy WiiM amp wholeheartedly.
That's one of the reasons I decided to buy Amp. 😉
(Actually, I was planning to wait for Ultra 🤣)
:D :DGreat..i good buy i can assure you. Amp sounds excellent with the B&W,s and the Sub.

My WiiM amp arrived naked. 🤣

IMG_20240222_192959.jpg

As expected, the cushioning material was torn, but the amp was safe. The setup is complete and I have adjusted the crossover of the SW.

Great streamer amp so far.
@WiiMTeam, @WiiMSupport, well done! 😉👍
Oh, thank you, I'm so happy now. 🤗🤗🤗

Back