Qobuz Connect - Anybody Heard Any Updates

Just wondering if anyone had heard any updates and if it's still in the pipeline?
On 27 October, David Craff, the Qobuz product manager, made the following statement about Qobuz Connect:
ETA is: from now to the end of the year; Technical validation with HiFi partners (beta phase)
Beginning of 2024, gradual roll-out in line with the capacity of our dedicated servers and the availability of HiFi partners
So other than the few early beta testers, I highly doubt any of us will see it available on our WiiM (or any other) devices before first quarter next year, and perhaps later than that, depending.

Last edited:
This is a regular question ion the Qobuz Club forum. No response to date from the company.
I’d take whatever David Craff on audiophilestyle says as pretty accurate as he’s supposedly the Qobuz product manager for Connect, and I think WiiM’s contact.

I still cross fingers for those of you who want to have this feature so urgently.
(And I can confirm that @Brantome and @Balthazar B do everything to grab informations from the Qobuz guy on Audiophilestyle! 😉)

On 27 October, David Craff, the Qobuz product manager, made the following statement about Qobuz Connect:

ETA is: from now to the end of the year; Technical validation with HiFi partners (beta phase)
Technical validation with 3rd parties can take ages. Qobuz will want it to "just work" with the all myriad of hardware out there.

Its not like Qobuz is like Apple and also sells the hardware.

I personally can't wait. I'm using Amazon Music for High Res audio but don't think it's close to Spotify as a music service. I'm keen to checkout Qobuz but currently its reduced functionality compard to Amazon. Unless you use the Device's own app which doesn't really interest me.

Good news it's progressing though.

I'm on Amazon as well and my years subscription's due soon hence one of the reasons for asking at this time, tempted maybe to switch to a monthly and see where it goes.

Wonder if Qobuz Connect will be gapless as well or if that may be phased in at a later stage the same as Amazon was.

Technical validation with 3rd parties can take ages. Qobuz will want it to "just work" with the all myriad of hardware out there.

Its not like Qobuz is like Apple and also sells the hardware.

I personally can't wait. I'm using Amazon Music for High Res audio but don't think it's close to Spotify as a music service. I'm keen to checkout Qobuz but currently its reduced functionality compard to Amazon. Unless you use the Device's own app which doesn't really interest me.

Good news it's progressing though.
Has the Amazon app improved over the last year?

I'm on Amazon as well and my years subscription's due soon hence one of the reasons for asking at this time, tempted maybe to switch to a monthly and see where it goes.

Wonder if Qobuz Connect will be gapless as well or if that may be phased in at a later stage the same as Amazon was.
Haven't seen any word on gapless. It should be technically feasible, but the lack of public knowledge about Qobuz's current infrastructure, application environment, etc., makes it impossible to say whether it can be achieved in terms of affordability. There would need be changes, obviously, but there's no way to know how extensive -- and expensive -- they would be.

It could also be the case that some endpoints will be able to support gapless -- depending on processing power and memory available, e.g., WiiM, perhaps -- while others will not, especially older streamers that aren't well-supported.

All just speculation of course. We'll know more by and by.

David Craff of Qobuz has just posted “We'll be a few months late, but 2024 will be the launch year for Qobuz Connect.
We're already in contact with HiFi brands, and testing will begin shortly, but as it's a big project for a small team (yes, Qobuz is a small company) it's taking us longer than we thought.”

That’s excellent news, they are doing their best and I whole heartedly support Qobuz - it will arrive when it does and I bet when it does Wiim will be one of the first to update their range 😎

No idea where to post else, think the other Qobuzers can tell me. I am a little bit lazy..as usual.
Three devices with Qobuz apps, two Android and one iOS. Are the sound quality settings linked to the dedicated devices only? And is the quality setting in the WiiM browser independent from those in the devices? Or does a synchronization takes place for the account all over?

From the audiophilestyle Qobuz thread, looks like Denon / Marantz may have their nose in front: David Craff has just said “this is probably the most important brand for Qobuz and this project, so we're working closely with them to get it done as quickly as possible.”

From the audiophilestyle Qobuz thread, looks like Denon / Marantz may have their nose in front: David Craff has just said “this is probably the most important brand for Qobuz and this project, so we're working closely with them to get it done as quickly as possible.”
D/M will surely have considerably more dev resources to devote to the project so could turn around new test builds more quickly.

D/M will surely have considerably more dev resources to devote to the project so could turn around new test builds more quickly.
Having said that I always found their HEOS bug fix rate pretty slow when I had a Heos Link HS2. Plus do they even support Qobuz on their kit currently?

Back