WiiM Ultra

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713556429155.png
1713556558651.png

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.

Last edited:
Ok but couldn,t you say VU meters are a gimmick too?

I mean..accuphase..mcintosh.. VU meters...high end gear,high end prices but gimmick VU meters?:D;) But the premium look?
What will the screen show..thats another question we will see.
Maybe also the premium VU meters look:D.
But what does a VU meter give. I mean, its nothing I have to decide, its only my personal opinion and for sure WiiM has decided already. Here my ears, my wife and my neighbors decide if its to loud or to silent ;-)
If one loves this flouncing needles its ok. But wait? The old Macs and Accus have real needles. What benefit do you expect from such digital nonsense? If your answer is simply "I love the look!" its fine for me. But please do not tell me they will give "a premium look" for a WiiM or have any technical reason. Gimmick, nothing more. As always: YMMV

Or at least the Aly McBeal Dancing Baby 🤣🤣🤣
Its not only the relaxing, calming effect of the music but also _on the optical side_ the calming effect of the VU meters.:p :D
If the music is more on the loud side..just look at the VU meters there will be a calming effect presents too.:D:LOL:

By the way. Just this week a new amp for my streaming arrived. The reason I bought the more expensive model from the same company was that it was the one WITHOUT VU meters ;-)

The screen looks tiny to me. Now Audiophonics makes a streamer with a decent size screen:
View attachment 6772
Could see that being a future product, though I'd want it to be flexible.
Let people collapse it down onto the streamer or angle it up 90°
Add a HDMI input and let people use it as a monitor.

Calming? Bouncing blue needles do calm you? ;-)
I think it could..the bleuisch ligth, the bouncing needles..in harmony with the music..yes im in VU meter heaven. ;) :D
Body, music and VU in perfect harmony... all in het ideal cadans of everything..one in the moment one with the universe..:LOL:;):D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I think it could..the bleuisch ligth, the bouncing needles..in harmony with the music..yes im in VU meter heaven. ;) :D
Body, music and VU in perfect harmony all in het ideal cadans of everything..one in the moment one with the universe..:LOL:;):D:LOL::ROFLMAO:
I cross fingers that all your wishes come true!

can try teletubies too.. :cool:
VU meters have a bob ross effect on me. :D A soothing calming effect...like the sound rushing of waves... is now the bouncing of the VU meters. :ROFLMAO: :D Silent but with the same effect.
Pulls you in.. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• makemyday_videodrome_03-1-1600x900-c-default-fr-1615917196 (1).jpg
    makemyday_videodrome_03-1-1600x900-c-default-fr-1615917196 (1).jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
a chip does not do everything...it depends a lot on the quality of its integration and its "environment"...

Of course this implies it's implemented properly. If that is taken care of, this AKM chip is arguably the best option currently on the market...considering that this will never be implemented as an R2R model.

I already have an Oppo 205 with the high-end Sabre chip...so I'm curious what a well-implemented AKM can do.

Yes, but for accuracy, the chip’s application in the Pro Plus is transparent. Digital into the Pro Plus measured against analogue out of the Pro Plus - all deviations at the analogue output stage are inaudible to humans.

Does the headphone socket accept a microphone input for room correction measurements? Alternatively, does the USB port accept a USB microphone input in addition to audio output and storage access, via a hub?

Does the headphone socket accept a microphone input for room correction measurements? Alternatively, does the USB port accept a USB microphone input in addition to audio output and storage access, via a hub?
Thé usb port has been described as usb media in and usb audio out, not (yet) as usb audio in. Plus the room correction setup is run on your phone/tablet, not your WiiM device.

Back