WiiM Ultra

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713556429155.png
1713556558651.png

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.

Last edited:
Room correction measurements could easily be transmitted over BT or DLNA, and the wired mic placed anywhere in the room, the latter as done with many AV receivers, etc. WiiM could sell (or recommend) a suitable calibrated mic to get the best out of their RC. The mics on some phones/tablets are poor, and there may be no support for external mics via the headphone jack (presupposing there is one) or audio input on USB.

With the new touch screen, features such as PEQ and RC could be offloaded from the app and run on the WiiM itself, via touch screen or remote, freeing up some from having to use a phone/tablet.

Last edited:
I think the opposite, the diversity of comments help WiiM build a better user profile, the more the better.

They won’t ‘read’ the comments, they’ll use tools to profile key words, themes and add them to the roadmap

Did I mention VU meters 😜
I prefer a FFT view 🤣

Personally I'd like to only read posts from Wiim about the Ultra, not useless banter about dacs, etc...
Can Wiim posts be made extra bold and eye catching, so it's easier to skim past all the crap to find the important stuff?

Personally I'd like to only read posts from Wiim about the Ultra, not useless banter about dacs, etc...
Can Wiim posts be made extra bold and eye catching, so it's easier to skim past all the crap to find the important stuff?
If you only want to read staff posts, please refer to this article.

WiiM Ultra thread post by support team

Last edited:
the screen is the most compelling feature for
me, without this I wouldn’t be interested… or my fellow audio enthusiasts in my social circle.

Audio gear isn’t just about sound… here’s me hoping the screen can do VU meters!!!
I agree, but here the screen is so small! Unless you use it as an audio device on the desktop of your home office, I guess it will be almost useless in a more conventional HiFi setting.

Somewhere in these 65 pages, I’ve got it in my head that it’s a 3.5” screen. Is that right, or did I just imagine it?

The issue is that the Ultra necessarily contains a DAC. Saying we shouldn’t be discussing that is like saying let’s get back to talking about this new car, I’m fed up with all the talk about the engine.

Obviously, we can’t be 100% sure as to the standard of the DAC. But WiiM’s Pro Plus measures as transparent, and that didn’t happen by accident. They clearly engineered it that way, and know what they’re doing. So when they say the DAC in the Ultra is better that in the Pro Plus, I find it difficult to believe it won’t be excellent.

By the way, please remember this. People have been clamouring for some time for a DAC with PEQ, a sub out and bass management. Even without the streaming capabilities, the Ultra looks like it will be an incredibly well-featured DAC, which is impressive in itself. If Topping or SMSL had released a DAC with all the features of the Ultra, there’d be a huge noise about it.

Back