WiiM Ultra

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713556429155.png
1713556558651.png

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.

Last edited:
Captain, be firm 👋👋👋😂

Actually, my memory is also fuzzy.
It could have been about wake-up lights.🤪
At some point wiim may release similar to eversolo with all those connectivity at price most of us can afford. Wiim mini evolves after updates with added feature sets. Pro will have lot more updates as it has more power hardware.

Personally I am still wary of Android based streamers like the Eversolos (not tried) or FiiO R7 (tried) and prefer Linux based gear like WiiM or iFi.

I don't know much about Eversolo, but it's a Chinese brand, right?
If that's the case, I don't think it's easy for WiiM to make the same product at a lower cost than theirs.

I'm sure there's something that only a WiiM can create. 😊

Of course they are Chinese. Otherwise it is not possible to build such high featured stuff so cheap as they do it. But to be honest even a Chinese products avoider like me cannot get out of this traps. Without the components they build it would be much more difficult if not impossible to reach the today prices of HiFi.

If Polk audio were to work with Linkplay to make a speaker like the KEF LSX, I think it would be interesting.

My fantasies. 🤗

I don't know much about Eversolo, but it's a Chinese brand, right?
If that's the case, I don't think it's easy for WiiM to make the same product at a lower cost than theirs.

I'm sure there's something that only a WiiM can create. 😊
Even the profit margin is razor thin, if they sells them by the thousands they still make profit as opposed of exotic profit just selling one which just collect dust in the warehouse.

Do you mean active speakers with WiiM “smarts” built in?
I wish to feed my fantasy - both " Active with "Smarts" Built in, Passive for the integration of other WiiM products "

At some point wiim may release similar to eversolo with all those connectivity at price most of us can afford. Wiim mini evolves after updates with added feature sets. Pro will have lot more updates as it has more power hardware.
Wish to see this at the earliest but more importantly should be on par with performance and functionality with any other Brands (y)

HDMI out, with support for DSD and Dolby Atmos (*), please. ;)

(*) and other Surround Sound formats.

Last edited:
In two minds, if it's too high end and expensive then not interested. ie if it has several XLR in and outs, AES, really high end DAC etc, features I won't need you're paying for them.

Perhaps release a couple of models

One that competes with Eversolo. I do like the idea of that, too expensive for me, features and connecitivty I don't need, but I get the appeal - with CD ripper and encoder, and internal and USB storage, it's basically a all in one unit. The only thing I'd say with the Eversolo should have internal 3.5" HDD support.

What's the point of having a paltry 4TB NVME internal drive? Yes it's silent and physically a small drive, but speed isn't needed. If it had space for regular SATA spinning HD- with isolation pads/sandwich noise reduction like Antec case, would be ideal.

As it is, personally my preference would be Wiim Pro Plus, with LCD screen on the front, and IR receiver window. That shouldn't add too much cost, and doesn't have features I'll never use or need. Maybe little bit better build quality, alu build rather than plastic. Depending on which system I'm using I'll either use digital out, or analogue out.

We are waiting for more information ;) There are many questions. How big will the display be? Will it be touchscreen? Will the case be larger than Pro Plus? Will the same DAC be used as the Pro Plus? Internal or external power supply? Will there also be a sound USB input?

We are waiting for more information ;) There are many questions. How big will the display be? Will it be touchscreen? Will the case be larger than Pro Plus? Will the same DAC be used as the Pro Plus? Internal or external power supply? Will there also be a sound USB input?
Who knows, who knows, who knows? ;)

It’s at the early design stage I guess and they have released little more than the name and the info I posted. So until Wiim confirm the design and release more info (which they have tended not to do almost right up to the release date), there’s not much to say despite the size of this thread…🤷‍♂️

That's right, several months of design work. It is worth adding wifi 6, better bluetooth codecs such as LDAC, APTX HD.

That's right, several months of design work. It is worth adding wifi 6, better bluetooth codecs such as LDAC, APTX HD.
All of those are almost certainly built into the Linkplay module WiiM currently uses. A new module would require much more than “several months of design work”.

Back