Qobuz Connect - Anybody Heard Any Updates

But I still wait for the moment one is blaming WiiM or whatsoever for not being able to sort the music by the 2nd violins in order of their birthdates 😉

Moving your library should be easy.
I might be wrong, but I thought when I had qobuz a while ago they provided a way to import from another provider.
Soundizz, FreeYourMusic, TuneMyMusic, Songshift etc all can move playlists, libraries etc.

I tried a few when I had a free trial with Qobuz, most will copy across your playlists but not your library, I've even asked in forums if anyone knows of one that will copy your library across and people responded to say no there isn't.

I wonder if it may be because there are so many different recordings.

This was a 2nd reason I didn't swap although if I did I'd probably run them in parallel for a while so I could refer to the 1st one and slowly add them into Qobuz ..... whilst lstening to music :)

Agree. Wondering what the dev team is busy with all day....

If it's the Microsoft Dev team, they're probably busy adding new functionality that no-one wants and if a task appears too simple because you only have to click a button once ..... lets mix it up a bit, we'll hide it and make it so you now you have to click 3 times whilst standing on one leg with a finger in your ear.

All because they've got nothing better to do with their time and have no appreciation that the people using their systems have a job to do and absolutely zero interest in having to completely re-learn how to do something which used to be really simple :ROFLMAO:

There are so many streaming services and functionality is one key that users are looking for. Spotify has no high resolution but it has the most users based. Qoboz is the opposite of Spotify.

There are so many streaming services and functionality is one key that users are looking for. Spotify has no high resolution but it has the most users based. Qoboz is the opposite of Spotify.

Whilst what you're saying is correct I think a large part of their userbase came from being the 1st big name out there, certainly I'd heard of them a long time before any of the others.

If I was Qobuz though I'd offer the higher res at the same price as Spotify, who wouldn't want better quality for the same cost, kind of a no brainer and mass market it as such.

I tried a few when I had a free trial with Qobuz, most will copy across your playlists but not your library, I've even asked in forums if anyone knows of one that will copy your library across and people responded to say no there isn't.

I wonder if it may be because there are so many different recordings.

This was a 2nd reason I didn't swap although if I did I'd probably run them in parallel for a while so I could refer to the 1st one and slowly add them into Qobuz ..... whilst lstening to music :)
Screenshot_20230716-220839_Samsung Internet.jpg

My main point was that most / all of these transfer utilities cost if you want to copy more than a couple of hundred or so songs.
iirc, Qobuz (and maybe others do too) offered free use of such a service to transfer your content from other providers.
I did, however, have a number of issues with the wrong songs, or wrong versions of a song, being matched.
And, of course, some simply not being found.

My main point was that most / all of these transfer utilities cost if you want to copy more than a couple of hundred or so songs.
iirc, Qobuz (and maybe others do too) offered free use of such a service to transfer your content from other providers.
I did, however, have a number of issues with the wrong songs, or wrong versions of a song, being matched.
And, of course, some simply not being found.
True, they do cost but even after your first bulk transfer the apps can be useful - I occasionally see playlists being published and they’re invariably for Spotify. Having an app to transfer those into your preferred steaming service is very handy.
Qobuz still offer a free month of Soundizz iirc which might be very helpful to those migrating to Qobuz from many other services.

Edit: mismatches can be annoying, especially when tracks are substituted by “in the style of”, “originally by” etc etc, but apparently better results are archived if the services support ISRC codes viz. https://support.freeyourmusic.com/helpdesk/KB/View/48552359-matching-songs

Last edited:
True, they do cost but even after your first bulk transfer the apps can be useful - I occasionally see playlists being published and they’re invariably for Spotify. Having an app to transfer those into your preferred steaming service is very handy.
Qobuz still offer a free month of Soundizz iirc which might be very helpful to those migrating to Qobuz from many other services.
Indeed - you may recall me mentioning a multiroom issue with spotify yestrerday (not looked into it any further yet.)
Literally 3 mins later, using tune my music (most of that being the time taken to log in to spotify and tidal via that app) and the 180+ track playlist was copied over to tidal and playing through the wiims.
I think the free version of tunemymusic has a 200 (?) track limit per playlist.

I think I have tried all of them. I’m now using only Qobuz but for a period I did have Qobuz and Spotify running in tandem but as that was effectively a waste of money I ditched Spotify. My transfer mechanism was to load them both in 2 browser windows and work through manually. It took a week or so in short segments at a time. I did find perhaps half a dozen albums in Spotify that weren’t in Qobuz.

Edit
This was albums from favourites. No playlists to speak of.

Hello,
Qobuz is French, I'm French too... and I'm a little ashamed of the lack of service from this company. With their app, under Android and chromecast, I have problems reading playlists, stability, slowness. I questioned them 3 times: no response ! to cash the annuity it is much faster ! I no longer believe in a future Qobuz connect. If, one day, Spotify switches to Hi-res, then, goodbye Qobuz ;)
Fortunately, there is Wiim Home, MConnect and Bubbleupnp to do the job.

My fear for you is that none of this two wishes will be fulfilled during the next years...I will be the first to concede to be wrong but the behaviour on this field from the two companies till today makes it hard to believe. Written only as an interested watcher of the (non) development..

Qobuz said connect should be arriving this year on the Qobuz forum

They tell it for so long...I cross fingers for all desperate users. But I still do not believe in a fast solution...

That was just 7 days ago, from the forum moderator, so fingers crossed here too. 🤞
They said similar before then the development project manager said it would be into 2024. I think there may have been a qualification that it would come to one partner late this year, then others next year. In a joint presentation with WiiM, Qobuz said (or hoped) WiiM would be the first partner, but who knows how true that was...

It's anyone's guess imho

All what I know is that their with big boom boom introduced Qobuz Club is no success. And may be the installation of this (in my eyes nerving, I stopped the newsletter after one week) unnecessary feature has blocked other efforts. I am, different to a few other opinions readable here, not so sure if the economical advantage is worth the effort. The "typical" Qobuz user is different to the "typical" Tidal or Spotify user and most of this silent users are quiet and happy with app, the performance and the catalogue. So I do not believe it will create so much new users that it is high on their priority list. A company counts in other numbers as such a community like this one. With all the success WiiM has had over the last months it is easy and logical for them to state WiiM is of course the number one they will get on board.
All what was to see or read during the last at least months if not years confirms this for me. It has nothing to do that I personally do not need this feature. For the moment I "need" Qobuz, but no connect feature. Would like to see you all happy, but am sure the pure number of potentially new subscribers is highly overestimated in this or other hifi forums. What percentage of Qobuz subscribers to you connect to forums like this? Would be interesting to know. So, once more, I am not against and want all your wishes coming true quickly but remain very, very sceptic about the speed.

Back