Beta Test for WiiM Pro - PEQ, Squeezelite Client and Airplay Transmitter (Cast to Homepod, Sonos and other AirPlay speakers)

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
Linda
Dumb question - my speciality - how will we know this beta has been applied to our device? Will Ed show up on our doorstep?
IMG_2007.jpeg

WiiM said we’d be emailed, plus I’d check the firmware date that shows under speaker info for your device in the Wiim home app

Thanks to everyone who signed up to beta test the firmware.

Some updates:
  • We'll release the test firmware before the end of July. We'll no longer email everyone but will use this thread to update when we've started to release the test firmware to you.
  • The PEQ and AirPlay transmitter will require an App update.
  • We'll provide some test guidelines when you review this firmware.

Thanks to everyone who signed up to beta test the firmware.

Some updates:
  • We'll release the test firmware before the end of July. We'll no longer email everyone but will use this thread to update when we've started to release the test firmware to you.
  • The PEQ and AirPlay transmitter will require an App update.
  • We'll provide some test guidelines when you review this firmware.
"before the end of July".
5 Days to go
:love:

Guess we’ll need app updates as well. It would be this weekend that I’m away from home for a few days… :(

Happy to get a TestFlight build of the IOS App to try the app changes.

One question about the PEQ and Airplay transmitter (and other audio output 'channels'), will be it possible to have different PEQ 'profiles' per output channel e.g. I might way some speaker/room 'correction' PEQ when using the optical output (into my DAC / Amp) but then want maybe some headphone PEQ when using bluetooth and a different set of PEQ for Airplay (assuming this can transmit audio to a different room etc).

One question about the PEQ and Airplay transmitter (and other audio output 'channels'), will be it possible to have different PEQ 'profiles' per output channel e.g. I might way some speaker/room 'correction' PEQ when using the optical output (into my DAC / Amp) but then want maybe some headphone PEQ when using bluetooth and a different set of PEQ for Airplay (assuming this can transmit audio to a different room etc).
Don't know tbh but it's a good idea

Hi did they email you the firmware or?

Sorry guys read this post and took it as the they released the new peq ect.

Yes. Could people stop posting here and let WiiM announce when they are ready. Every time someone posts I think I must have missed the announcement and have to check!
Same here :p

My Pro was patched last night - not sure what new functionality arrived as the release notes just flashed then disappeared. No update to the usual release info in the app.

iirc, I think 5 band for pro, and 3 for mini has been banded about (pun intended).
Someone will correct me if not.
I wouldn't expect the + to have more; I don't believe the processor / memory has changed between the pro and the +

(Aparently I don't recall correctly! ;))

Last edited:
Back