WiiM Amp Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really any of the three options are very nice, and the most important thing is that the product has the specifications of the Pro Plus, with a decent amplification stage. If you add to that the fact that Wiim always offers competitive prices, we really have something very attractive here!

Yes, sir! I want to be a beta tester too!
I am very interested in this product and I think it can provide many of the answers we need to our streaming problems.

If it were available today, I’d get one. I just bought a Wiim Pro and a Fosi BT20A Pro for a small sunroom setup. Had the Wiim Amp been available, i would had gotten it instead!

If it were available today, I’d get one. I just bought a Wiim Pro and a Fosi BT20A Pro for a small sunroom setup. Had the Wiim Amp been available, i would had gotten it instead!
Me too. I have the same amp for my patio with Klipsch outdoor speakers. The Fosi specs say 300 watts/channel IF you upgrade the power supply. I am not impressed with the power it puts out. I wonder if the amp in the new WiiM will put out more actual, real life power?

The 300 watt spec is the maximum the chip will take, not a realistic output level. 60 watt is more realistic. Still should be plenty but for dynamic swings and big bass movement. That needs more peak power than a little class d can provide. You would be better of with a class a/b.

The 300 watt spec is the maximum the chip will take, not a realistic output level. 60 watt is more realistic. Still should be plenty but for dynamic swings and big bass movement. That needs more peak power than a little class d can provide. You would be better of with a class a/b.
60 watts might even be generous. I bought an ABS weather resistant utility box to house the amp and WiiM mini to power the 2 Klipsch speakers under the patio cover. I was hoping for a more full (not louder) sound. I'll be watching to see how forum members respond to the new WiiM amp. Sounds like something I would consider changing out.

I wish I had a use for this, but I use balanced, bi-amped pro monitors off my RME DAC, so no need. I'm sure it will hurt sales of the pricey Sonos Amp.

But both items works without problems and that is for the non-"scientists", non LMS-nerds and non-hiresfetishists reason enough to buy. And this below 800 € items in todays real life naming pricey is just nonsense and far away from reality. Beside that naming all this Sonos, Bluesounds and WiiM Amp cigarboxes "amplifiers" is funny. My smallest amp has a transformer in the size and caps in the height of this toys..and costs 450 €.

Last edited by a moderator:
Match the current WiiM colour. This will most likely be bought by users creating a system rather than integrating into an existing one, imho!

Match the current WiiM colour. This will most likely be bought by users creating a system rather than integrating into an existing one, imho!
As this amp appears to be a Pro Plus plus amp, I'd say it's unlikely to be used in a system that already has a Pro or Pro Plus, so there's no need to match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back